Many of my credit union clients are offering some sage advice to members.
Keeping account information secure is a top priority at your credit union. Along with layers of sophisticated encryption for your accounts, we implement the strictest measures to keep your information private. With summer in full force, make account security a priority for yourself, as well.
Tips To Keep Your Money Safe
- Never give information over-the-phone. Trusted businesses will not need to solicit you for the information.
- Have incoming deposits made through direct deposit.
- Ensure the ATMs you choose are well-lit at night, and you’re comfortable with your surroundings.
- Use mobile banking to stay in touch with account activity. Utilize alerts.
- When traveling, use your debit or credit card instead of carrying cash.
- If you plan to be gone for an extended period, stop your mail temporarily.
- Sign up for eStatements and alerts to monitor account information.
- Review your credit report at http://www.annualcreditreport.com.
- Change Passwords Frequently. Try using more difficult alpha numeric combinations.
Enjoy your summer experiences. And, feel good knowing your accounts and private information is in good hands.