With my diverse experience in writing and communications, I love to share my clients’ stories. Detail-oriented, I keep my perspective on the big picture, which is to help grow the companies I serve. You’ll also find me an empathetic person who thrives on tackling difficult projects and the ability to move quickly when the job dictates.
I’ve written hundreds of blog posts, newsletters, and unique pieces of content with just the right POV, tone and articulation. I’ve also created marketing departments from the ground up; managed budgets and media and served in niche roles within the workplace — as both leader and mentor.
Choose the high road; it will get you to the right place.
Corporate Communications, Content Marketing, Social Media Marketing, Blog Posts, White Papers, Newsletters, Press Releases, Educational Writing, Sales and Persuasion Writing, Public Relations, Marketing Plans, Direct Mail, Media Campaigns, Credit Union Marketing, Financial Services Writing, Non-Profits, Senior Care Marketing and Blogs
November 2012 – Current
With the raging popularity of blogs, social media and email marketing, I help clients make connections to targeted customers quickly and inexpensively.
Do you want to stand out among peers in your trade? Gain visibility within the communities you serve? Or, connect with the customers you’re targeting?
After determining needs, we’ll work together to tell a story, creating an intimate link between client and customer. We’ll use content marketing, the right analytics and appropriate keywords, so your message reaches and appeals to quality customers. Traditional communications channels can also be part of the mix, including white papers, newsletters, direct mail, brochures and news releases.
• Freelance Writing & Ghost Writing
• Content Marketing & Blog Management
• SEO Strategies & Keyword Development
• Web Content
• Newsletters, Brochures, Direct Mail & E-mail Marketing
• Public Relations & Speech Writing
• Press Releases
• B2B & B2C Communications
I held many roles during my career at Consumers CU, encompassing all aspects of marketing and communications for the financial services industry. I served as both marketing manager and mentor to the VP of marketing while focusing on niche roles, with my most recent being senior writer and publication coordinator. I also grew professionally, recognized in the financial services industry for my insight and writing expertise.
• Managed all corporate communications, publications and editorial calendar
• Wrote monthly and quarterly newsletters w/ 50,000 + circulation
• Prepared content for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, WordPress and LinkedIn
• Managed credit union blog
• Provided content for website landing pages
• Wrote all press releases following AP Style guidelines
• Media liaison, positioning credit union for maximum public relations exposure
• Managed all member-facing publications (newsletters, brochures, annual reports)
• Developed and managed youth and teen communications and programs
• Managed annual membership survey through MCIF
Credit Union Blog
As Senior Writer for Consumers Credit Union, I created our blog with a fresh slate in January of 2012. The primary goal was to engage members and provide a source for greater financial information – to create a deeper financial connection. Timely topics were featured and often presented as a series to spike interest. We mixed in member testimonials and staff tributes to increase readership. To my delight, by October 15, 2012, this fairly young blog had exceeded 10,000 views! It was a pure joy to be the creating force behind the blog as it continues to evolve and be a pertinent financial resource for members.
Bachelor of Business Administration, Marketing (1985)