I helped revamp this short piece for a credit union whose focus is on member education. This credit union takes specific care to ensure members are savvy when it comes to their finances, and everyday life, as well.
Social Media Keeps Us Engaged. It Makes Connecting Easy.
But Are You Vulnerable?
Take this quiz to see how much of your personal information is at risk for over-exposure in the public domain. It’s wise to take steps to protect your data – even if you presume your favorite social site, and material you share, is safe.
- Do you have a public profile that is visible?
- Is your birthday available and shared?
- Is the name of your high school available and posted?
- Do you share your pet’s name?
- Do you share your phone number or personal email address?
- Do you have a social networking account with one or more for the following providers: Google, LinkedIn, Twitter or Facebook?
- Do you use a smartphone to share or discuss any of this information?
If you answered yes to just one question, it’s a good idea to review your social media practices; and, remove personal information that could be used to tamper with your identity.
Remember, how you interact with social media sites can impact your personal security.